MUSICAL THEATRE EXCELLENCE IN THE WOODLANDS
CLASS ACT PRODUCTIONS
CLASS ACT PRODUCTIONS
SHREK CAST LIST
Anyone can audition for this production if they are at least 8 years of age. There are no classes or other prerequisites required.
Auditions will be held at the Class Act Studios, 25275 Budde Road, Suite 25, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Please bring a completed audition form, resume and head shot.
PLEASE READ THESE HELPFUL TIPS:
1. COME PREPARED. It is very obvious when you haven't prepared for an audition. If you won't prepare for an audition will you practice your music and dialogue at home during rehearsals?
2. BE EXPRESSIVE. Directors love to see students becoming the character they are portraying in their song. Whatever your character is feeling, you should try to express it in your voice and body language.
3. PROJECT. Open your mouth and sing so the directors can hear your beautiful voice. Do not sing so loudly that you "belt" (scream sing).
4. CHOREOGRAPHY. Don't add choreography at vocal auditions. At this point we are mostly interested in hearing your vocal abilities.
5. STYLE OF MUSIC. Broadway music is always preferred for musical auditions. Disney songs are also great for younger children auditioning. Stay away from pop music for auditions.
6. BRING YOUR OWN SHEET MUSIC. It is your responsibility to bring your sheet music to auditions. Class Act always provides an accompanist for auditions. (It is helpful if you can put your music in a binder for the accompanist.)
7. WHAT CAN HURT YOUR AUDITION. Singing with a karaoke track or to a recording with your favorite pop artist. A definite NO is singing a cappella (without piano). We require that you sing with piano only. Class Act will provide an accompanist at vocal auditions.
8. POTENTIAL. At the audition, enter with confidence and smile. (We know you're nervous because we've auditioned too.) Give your sheet music to the pianist. Introduce yourself and the name of your song. Do your best as you sing . . .and remember we are looking for potential, not perfection.
9. CALLBACKS. After the initial vocal audition, a smaller group of people may be asked to return to audition their acting or dancing skills. It also gives the directors a chance to see possible character combinations. Just because you are not called back does not mean you are not being considered for a part. Until the cast list is posted all students who auditioned are being considered for a role.
10. WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. Some auditions may require some dance moves so come dressed appropriately. Wear dance shoes or dance barefoot.
11. NOTIFICATION. It usually takes 2-3 days for the directors to notify everyone who auditioned. Cast members will receive an email and cast lists will be posted on the web site.